Membership InformationHow to join the club
Usually EckO will allow you to participate in an event without being a member but in this current climate we are making our events available to members only.
There are two routes to EckO membership depending on how you prefer to orienteer and what suits you best. The simpler (and cheaper) method is through Scottish Orienteering; the alternative method is through British Orienteering
You can join or renew at any point during the year, online at the links below.
The membership year runs 1st January - 31st December.
However due to present circumstances if you join between the 1st October 2020 and the 31st October 2021, your membership will be valid until the 31st December 2021.
Scottish Orienteering membership only
This includes membership of EckO and Scottish Orienteering.
Best suited to those who only wish to orienteer in their local region of Scotland. There are some limitations on entering some larger competitions and taking on coaching and official roles.
Senior – aged 21 or older on 31 Dec of the membership year - £15.00
Junior – aged 20 or younger on 31 Dec of the membership year - £4.00
JOIN Scottish Orienteering NOW. This takes you to SiEntries.
You will need to register with SiEntries at the link above, or give your SiEntries ID if you already have one, and then add your membership(s).
You can also join in person at a club event, or by phoning Scottish Orienteering: 01479 861374. There is usually a staff member in the office on Thursdays or Fridays. Please note they cannot accept payments over the phone; payments by cheque or bank transfer are accepted and they will process your membership when they receive your payment.
Full British Orienteering membership
This includes membership of the EckO, Scottish Orienteering and British Orienteering.
Best suited to those who want to take part in orienteering events across Scotland, the UK, and potentially internationally. You can take on any club, event official or coaching role.
Senior – aged 21 or older on 31 Dec of the membership year - £30.00
Junior – aged 20 or younger on 31 Dec of the membership year - £9.00
Membership and Renewals are administered by British Orienteering on our behalf.
JOIN British Orienteering NOW. This takes you to the British Orienteering website to complete the online form. The club and association will be be pre-filled using this link, you just need to add your personal details.
When you join EckO, Scottish Orienteering and/or British Orienteering you join a group of friendly individuals who enjoy being active outdoors; member benefits include:
- Come along to club socials, make friends, share transport
- Participate in decision making within the club
- Benefit from club events and coaching, and train with people of similar abilities
- Benefit from a comprehensive, coordinated fixture list across Scotland
- Option to purchase club kit
- Receive reduced rates for participation in events, training on high-quality areas, and a wide range of courses run by Scottish Orienteering
- Represent your club in competition; be eligible for prizes in the Scottish Championships and other competitions; be eligible for Scottish Orienteering incentive and reward schemes
- Request PDF maps of semi-permanent orienteering courses under the Regular Orienteering Map Programme
- Volunteer to help at events, and hold an official club role
- Receive four issues of SCORE, the Scottish Orienteering magazine, each year, as well as regular email newsletters
- Have voting rights at Scottish Orienteering AGM (seniors only)
- Get preferential rates with various suppliers of goods and services, as specified here:
Scottish Orienteering benefits and British Orienteering benefits
British & Scottish Orienteering will, when asked, provide details relevant to your membership to your Club and/or Association. British & Scottish Orienteering also shares details with online entry providers, event results providers and with Data Processing Agencies working on behalf of British & Scottish Orienteering. All such bodies to which your information is provided are required to sign a data sharing agreement with British & Scottish Orienteering regulating the manner in which the privacy of your details is protected. Under no circumstances will British & Scottish Orienteering provide your contact details to other external organisations. If you do not agree to British & Scottish Orienteering using your membership’s details in this way please contact the National Office.