Spring Series 2Glen NantSun 23 May, 2021
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport and Activities are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Regional events attract participants from around the local Region, National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away, Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships.
Pre Event Info
We are very happy to report that -
Entries are open to club members, non-members and orienteers who live outwith Argyll.
Near: Taynuilt Lat,Lng: 56.39712,-5.21170 OS Grid Ref: NN029273 Postcode: PA35
Directions / Parking
Take the B845 from Taynuilt to Kilchrenan and after approximately 3 miles take a right into the Glen Nant forestry commission car park. There is not a lot of parking available so please park considerately. There is a 400m walk to the start from the car park so please take this into account when you receive your start time.
Map / Terrain
The courses will mainly cover the area to the North East of the main forest road and will not go past the 'Eas Achadh Airigh' burn because both bridges have been removed. Although this is a small area, there is some lovely woodland running full of interesting features like crags, bolders, knolls and marshes which will give some technical challenges and require rapid decision making for the score courses. The yellow/ orange course will mainly follow the ant hill trail but miss out the section where the path crosses the burn.
Registration and Start times
Starts will be from 11.00 - 12.00 with the courses closing at 1.30pm.
Pre booked SI dibbers (no additional charge unless you lose it) will be in an envelope with your name on it on Alan's Table :)
Start times will be published on Thursday, 20th May 2021
As with our previous events, we respectfully ask you all to observe the current COVID regulations, 2m social distancing, avoid gathering in groups at download and that you are familiar with British Orienteering's Code of Conduct
1. Yellow/Orange course for adult novices and young juniors
For TD4/5 (competent orienteers from Light Green upwards)
2. Standard score course - Visit and dib as many controls as you can within a certain time limit (time limit still to be decided). Penalties if you are over the time limit. Score events usually have a mass start but in order to comply with COVID regulations everybody will have individual start times.
3. Alternative score course (for those who want even more of a technical/tactical challenge) with the same regulations for a standard score course.
NOTE - This event is PRE-ENTRY ONLY
Non-members and orienteers from outwith Argyll may enter this event.
There will be NO entry on the day.
- Names of people entering
- Which course each person is entering
- Include your dibber/ SI number or whether you would like to borrow a dibber.
- BACS transfer - this is ECKO’s much preferred method of payment (if you choose to use this method and you haven't got EckO's bank details we will send you out an email with them - please pay as you enter the event.)
- Cash - we will ONLY accept cash if the correct amount is placed in a bag with your name and amount written on the bag and then the bag is placed in a bucket at download. This allows us to quarantine the cash for the required length of time
- Cost - Adult member - £5.00, non-member £6.00. Junior member/non-member (up to 21) - £3.00
- Entries close at midnight on Sunday 16th May, 2021
- Start times will be published Thursday 20th May, 2021
- Each event takes a lot of organisation so help would be very much appreciated. The registration form now has a list of some of the essential jobs. If everybody does a little then nobody has to do a lot. Please tick the appropriate box(es) if you are willing to help/ assist in our future events and you will be rostered in. Many thanks!
Well behaved dogs on a lead
There are no facilities at the event. The nearest facilities are either in Taynuilt or Kilchrenan
Competitors should wear full leg covering. There are plenty of brambles and ticks to contend with. Please advise the organiser if you have a pre-existing medical condition that we need to be aware of.
Contacts / Officials
Emma Baird Planner/Organiser
Jan Kersel Controller/Organiser