Autumn 2022 SeriesInveraweSun 27 November, 2022
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport and Activities are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Regional events attract participants from around the local Region, National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away, Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships.
The third event of EckO’s Autumn series took place on Sunday at Inverawe. Planner Finlo provided excellent courses, making use of the varied terrain (for the first time in this reporter’s experience no-one missed a control, no-one punched the wrong control, and no-one retired; thank you, Finlo).
Turnout was a bit disappointing – (proximity to Christmas, mid-week weather report?) – but the weather was dry, albeit underfoot conditions slightly damper, and everyone enjoyed Finlo’s courses.
Big thanks to Finlo for planning, control placement, and control collection; to Ross for control placement and control collection; to Linda, Bryan, and Finlay for control collection; and to Patrick for welcoming us to Inverawe.
Near: Taynuilt Lat,Lng: OS Grid Ref: NN020317 Postcode: PA35 1HU
Directions / Parking
Leave the A85 4 km east of Taynuilt at Bridge of Awe and follow the single track road 3 km to Inverawe Fisheries car park.
Map / Terrain
Inverawe is extremely varied: flat, open fields; a wooded, intricate path system round fishing ponds; a delightful, but very steep, wooded hill; and rough, tussocky open moorland.
Registration and Start times
Registration: from 10.30
Start times: 11.00 - 12.00
Courses close: 13.30
- Yellow - 2.2 km - uses simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. Mainly used by under 12’s and family groups
- Orange - 3.1 km - basic use of the compass and route choice. Ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters
- Light Green - 3.9 km - ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and ‘point’ features
- Green - 4.4 km - mostly experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty
- Blue - 5.9 km - as for Green, but physically more challenging
Juniors (under 21), Students: £3
Seniors (members): £5, (non-members) £6
We very much prefer online entry and online payment of entry fees.
Please email email@example.com with the following details for each competitor:
- Dibber number (we will allocate a club dibber for those who don't have their own).
- Payment method (bank transfer or cash)
For bank transfer, please indicate whether you require EckO bank details to be sent. Cash payment should be placed in a labelled envelope and handed in at registration.
Online entry will close at midnight on Friday, 25th.
Entry on the day is possible, but we print only a few extra maps for each course and so there is a risk you won't get your preferred course.
Please keep dogs under control and pick up waste.
Many thanks to Patrick Campbell-Preston and his team for giving us permission to hold this event at Inverawe. Patrick and his family have always been very welcoming to EckO.
Contacts / Officials
Ross Lilley (firstname.lastname@example.org